For Referring Veterinary Professionals:
At Yarra Ranges Animal Hospital we offer referral services, predominantly in the areas of small animal surgery and dermatology, but also as an on-call emergency service during after hours, diagnostic imaging including radiography, ultrasonography and video endoscopy as well as medical management and work ups.
We will perform the surgical or medical procedure for your clients. Ongoing hospitalisation and treatments can be performed at your practice or in our hospital.
Our surgical services are performed by Dr Ben Fell who holds a membership in Small Animal Surgery with the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists.
Our surgical services include:
- Cruciate Repairs (TPLO)
- Patella Luxation repairs
- Hip Toggle Pin
- Fracture Repair
- Laryngeal Paralysis
- Brachycephalic Airway Disease
- Abdominal Surgery
For more information about our Referring Surgical Service or to book in a consult with Dr Ben, please call 9739 5244 or email Ben .
Medical services we perfom include
- Cardiac work up and monitoring – imaging, echocardiography, electrocardiography and blood pressure monitoring
- Pericardial disease – Pericardiocentesis, pericardectomy
- Airway diseases – tracheoscopy with flush, cytology and BAL
- Endocrine disease work up and management, including acute DKA cases
- Canine Reproduction – fresh and frozen insemination, semen storage, prostatic wash and biopsy, infertility work ups
- Endoscopy – removal of oesophageal foreign bodies, mucosal biopsy of GIT. All endoscoping exams are recorded for your referral
- Nasal disease – rhinoscopy, radiography, biopsy where indicated
- Open and closed management of peritonitis
- Ultrasonography – including ultrasound guided biopsy.
- Feeding tube placement
- CSF tap and cytology
- Emergency disease management – snake bites, rodenticide toxicity, pancreatitis
- Medical oncology – chemotherapy administration
- Dr Rob Hilton – Skin Vet consults out of our hospital once a month. At our clinic in Lilydale Dr Rob offers consults, diagnostic work ups, including allergy testing and de-sensitisation. For more information click on Dr Rob’s link or call our clinic on 9739 5244.
For more information about any of our referring services, please call 9739 5244.